Molasses French Toast
“The molasses in the batter gives this version of the classic breakfast food a caramel coating that is quite delicious. This one also proves to be a great way to use up the left over challah from Shabbat on a Saturday morning.”
3 tablespoons molasses
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground cinnamon, or more to taste
12 thick slices challah bread
1/4 cup butter
• Beat together the eggs, molasses, cream, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon in a bowl until smooth.
• Dip the challah slices in the batter until coated on all sides.
• Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
• Place half of the challah slices into the pan, and cook until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
• Repeat with remaining butter and challah slices.
Recipe from allrecipes.com